Kawida Lodge #480 - Home
We Need You!
As we get ready for Conclave, one of the biggest things we're doing is helping Camp McKee to look terrific! You can help, too! Below is a list of projects that need to be done around camp.
To help get these done before Conclave, we're going to have an "unofficial" workday on April 19. We'll meet at the OA Building at 9 AM; bring gloves, shovels, and lunch. However, feel free to stop by McKee any day in time before Conclave and do a project!
- Road Repair
- Picking up trash around camp
- Adjust tents in all campsites
- Placing remaining cots in campsites
- Cleaning/plumbing repairs in the OA Building
- Cleaning/mopping Keeneland Lodge (after 4/18/14)
- Moving bunk beds out of Keeneland into Staff Central (after 4/18/14)
- For other projects, click here.
The Conclave Ordeal was held on April 4-5 at Camp McKee. The purpose of this event was to allow Scouts that had just been elected to go through their Ordeal before Conclave. We had 36 Scouts complete their Ordeal, and eight members convert to Brotherhood. Service projects at the event included setting up tents and cots, tearing down the fence at the rifle range, and clearing trails of trash and brush. Thank you to all who came out and gave their time and effort to make this a success. Thanks also to the ceremonialists, who are dedicated to making the ceremonies amazing. Special thanks to the Elangomats, who give up food and comfortable sleep to help the candidates through the Ordeal.
Calling all Arrowmen!
As a member of the Brotherhood of Cheerful Service in Kawida Lodge, you are hereby called to serve as a part of the service lodge staff at Conclave 2014!
(Youth and Adult!)
Because Conclave 2014 will be at Camp McKee, Kawida is the "service lodge." Basically, we provide the support that makes the exciting Conclave activities possible.
How Can I Help?
Glad you asked! There are so many areas at Conclave that you're almost guaranteed to find something you like. Check out the major areas below:
- Arena Logistics - provides support for campfires and other arena activities
- Chairman: Erik Seitz
- Advisers: Ken Green, Martin Koca
- Communications/Media - manages Conclave communications, such as the radio system, manages photography, and other digital media stuff
- Chairman: Colin Stapleton
- Advisers: David Howard, Todd Haydon
- Facilities Maintenance - making sure that buildings and restrooms are clean. Very important aspect of Conclave which will make a huge impression on other attendees!
- Chairman: Ben Gilbert
- Advisers: JD Carruthers, Dale Morton
- Food Services - help feed Arrowmen!
- Chairman: Barry Johnson
- Advisers: Mike Warman, Doug Wehr
- Hospitality - make Arrowmen feel welcome! Kawida hospitality is famous - be a part of carrying on the legend!
- Chairman: Nolan Buland
- Advisers: Claudette Watts, Larry Lowe
- Housing & Facilities - be a part of managing where Arrowmen will stay!
- Chairman: Lee Frazier
- Advisers: John David King, John Mills
- I-Corps - exciting rapid-response team. Have a need at Conclave? I-Corps is on the way!
- Chairman: Mitchell Redenbaugh
- Advisers: Harold Oney, Todd Watts
- Logistics - the core Conclave committee! Help create and take-down many important program areas around McKee!
- Chairman: Morgan South
- Advisers: Doug Ramey, Graham Wilder, Anthony Kenney
- Medical/Safety (full) - provides medical support and safety guidance for Conclave
- Chairman: Riley Hunter
- Advisers: Travis Sewalls, Eric Hunter
- Parking/Transportation - if you like coordinating large groups, this is the committee for you! 500-600 Arrowmen bring a lot of vehicles, and you get to arrange them!
- Chairman: Bradley Shook
- Advisers: Alan Watts, Tim Cummins
- Registration - every Arrowman will have to go through registration, and you can help with this busy, fun area!
- Chairman: Sean Hillwig
- Advisers: Tim Terry, Robert Palmer
- Special Events - help coordinate exciting outdoor activities and section meetings!
- Chairman: Nathan Vick
- Advisers: Don Combs, Tripp Watts, Cody Todd
- Trading Post (full) - sells food and other items
- Advisers: Anna Marie Jackowski, George Cook
Found something you want to help with? Just click the committee name to email the Conclave Chairman, Nick Oliver! He'll get you started!
Nick Oliver, Conclave Chairman
Sam Lyons, Conclave Vice Chairman
Nathan Vick, Lodge Chief
Tim Brown, Conclave Adviser
Don Combs, Conclave Associate Adviser
Doug Vick, Lodge Adviser